Harrison REMC Board Approved Schedule of Charges
Security Deposit Charge - Minimum $175
- If a member requesting new service is determined to be a mild credit risk (not commensurate with the level of risk high enough to charge 1/6 of the estimated annual usage at that location) from analyzing credit-reporting agency data or from a former REMC account, a minimum security deposit may be charged.
Return Check Charge $25
- When a member's payment of indebtedness to the Corporation is made by check and said check is returned for reasons such as, but not limited to, "insufficient funds", "inactive account", or "closed account", a processing fee will be assessed.
Service Establishment and Connection Charge $35
- When a field visit isn't required to establish service at an existing location (transfer of service), this fee will be charged to read the meter and process the service order.
Late Payment Fee % 3%
- A bill shall be rendered as a net bill. If the net bill is not paid within 17 days after the bill is mailed, it shall become a delinquent bill and a late payment charge may be added in the amount of 3% of the account balance.
Collection Charge - Field Visit $25
- In the event that the Corporation deems it necessary to send an employee to the premises of any member with a delinquent account or return check to collect or attempt to collect such amount, the member shall be charged this fee for each visit.
Disconnect Charge - Field Visit $25
- When a field visit by REMC personnel is required to disconnect service for non-payment of cooperative billings, this fee will be charged.
Reconnect Charge - Field Visit (7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) $45
- If service is reconnected in the field by REMC personnel during regular work hours, this fee plus all other applicable charges will be due.
Reconnect Charge - Field Visit (3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.) $110
- If service is reconnected in the field by REMC personnel between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. this fee plus all other applicable charges will be due.
Reconnect Charge - Field Visit (4:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.) $180
- If service is reconnected in the field by REMC personnel outside of regular work hours, this fee plus all other applicable charges will be due
Meter Tampering Charge - Minimum $200
- Any member that either permits the interference of or interferes with a meter, installs jumpers, reconnects the service, or interferes with a meter in order to divert electricity or alter their reading in any way shall be charged this fee.
Member Problem Charge (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) $50
- When a customer requests the REMC to repair a power problem or outage and the REMC finds no problems with its equipment or service, during business hours (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) this fee will be charged to recover a portion of the associated trip expense.
Member Problem Charge (4:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.) $100
- When a customer requests the REMC to repair a power problem or outage and the REMC finds no problems with its equipment or service, outside of business hours (4:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.) this fee will be charged to recover a portion of the associated trip expense
Unprepared Charge $75
- When a member requests or agrees to have electrical work completed on a specific day, and electrical work cannot be accomplished because the work location was not prepared or ready for such work, the REMC will charge this fee for an unprepared service trip.
Disconnect Charge - Remote $10
- If service can be disconnected without a trip by REMC personnel, this fee will be charged.
Reconnect Charge – Remote $35
- If service is reconnected from the REMC office or by the answering service the following fee will be charged.